All Beckley Housing Authority public housing units are furnished with a stove/oven and refrigerator. If either appliance breaks down through normal wear and tear, the Beckley Housing Authority will provide on-site maintenance repair.
It is important to the Authority that public housing always be family-centered, safe and secure. The Authority’s public housing developments also have security, year-round pest extermination service, playgrounds (at all family developments).
There is no assigned parking at the Beckley Housing Authority facilities.
The Beckley Housing Authority provides each family residing in public housing family rent options. Annually, families elect whether rent will be paid: (a) Based on the family's adjusted income, which equals 30 percent annual gross income plus family deductions, or (b) based on Flat Rent of the rental value of that particular unit as determined by the Authority.
Each public housing resident will be required to follow certain rules:
1. Properly dispose regular trash and garbage.
2. Report all changes of income or household members within 10 days.
3. Vacating the unit: Remove all personal items and dispose of trash, charges apply for paint, cleaning and other damages beyond normal wear and tear.
4. Utility Bills: Residents are required to maintain utilities in active status in tenants name.
5. Animal visitors: Visiting pets of any kind are not allowed.
6. Residents are expected to help provide a safe and attractive community.
7. Notice to vacate must be given at least 30 days in advance. An exit inspection will be scheduled, and all keys must be turned in.